Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Special Times

Hey Everybody
 how is it going? I hope that everything is going well! I have been hearing a lot of things about the Olympics here. That michael phelps is not doing as well as hoped. And that china is destroying in almost everything. haha. But I hope everyone is enjoying them. I am doing super well. I want to say congratulations to my sister and Norman that they are getting married this weekend!!! So awesome wish I could be there but I know that it is going to be a special day. I wish the best for you guys!! Love ya!
So this has been a really special. We have been working hard in our area. And this week we were able to be apart of something really special! So we met with Ana this week and we were wondering if she was ever going to commit herself to be baptized. She had everything she read and prayed and went to church every Sunday. We went to visit her and were not sure what were going to do. But we talked to her and she explained that she was ready and that she could have all these blessings this weekend and she said yes. She committed fully. And it was something really special. Because she had always been telling us that she had doubts and that she was afraid to commit to this. And we talked to her about it after this visit she said that she still had all these doubts but that she was like whatever I am just going to put my faith in the Lord that is right for me.  And she did. The Lord really did change her heart. Saturday was her baptism and it really was something really special. Hermano Ivan was able to baptize her. Because he received the priesthood this past Sunday. It was really a special experience. I felt so much love for this family. I was so grateful for the love that my heavenly father had for them and fro letting be apart of this experience with them. It is something that I will never forget!! 
I am learning a lot here in the mission. I am learning that I am not perfect. That Spanish is awesome hard but awesome. That I things are always going to have opposition. But I am learning that there is always hope. There is always hope for everybody in any situation. Ana was someone who did not believe anything. She was a atheist. She has changed her life completely. And Ivan was able to overcome problems that can tear people apart and never recover. This family has changed my life. They will be my friends forever. and I hope that I can have the pleasure to be with them when they get sealed in the temple. But who knows they still have a long way to go. But I definitely love them and to be there when Ana got baptized....It is something I wont ever forget. I am so grateful for the things I am learning. The love for the scriptures that I have. I learn something knew. Seriously....Everyday. It is so awesome. I am so grateful for all the support that I receive from you guys. Thank you so much for the prays and the letters and packages it is all so awesome!!! i LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!I hope that everything goes well with the wedding this week and go USA!!! Love you all. 
Con Amor Elder Oliver


No comments:

Post a Comment