Monday, September 10, 2012

Fighting Hard

Hey everybody!!!
How are all of you doing? Well I hope good. Because if I am going to be honest...I would be really sad if any of you were not doing well. I am very sad for the news that Utah to Utah State this past week. It was something that will keep me up at night...No...not true I am glad that Gary Anderson is having success but I am sad that we lost. 
I am glad to report that we had another good week! With another baptism! It was an interesting week because we have both been struggling with sickness. Nothing serious just the runny nose and fatigue. But when we are walking all day in the sun it was something that was difficult. But we fought really hard this week. And we were able to have more blessings and miracles. We found a new investigator who was the most prepared by the Lord that I have seen. We taught her the first lesson and she accepted everything and told us that she would be baptized. It was something really special. It was another testimony builder for me that The Lord really is preparing people. And it is up to the missionaries to work hard and do everything they can to find them. 
We also had another miracle Sunday! We were in sacrament meeting when one of our investigators came in late to hear the talks. One of the Brothers of the ward gave an excellent talk about is conversion and how much the gospel has blessed his life and the lives of his family. After sacrament meeting he told us that he is ready to baptized and wants to be baptized this week. He also has 3 daughters and his wife who were not able to go to church because his wife fell and hurt her back. But we are hoping that we can help them receive an answer as well. So that they can enjoy the blessings and happiness of the gospel as a family and some enter the temple and be sealed for time and eternity. 
We have been working really well together my companion and me. We have been finding ways to find new people. Elder Cruz is someone that I am learning a lot from. I am also learning a lot from my Father in Heaven. The scriptures and prayer have been my fuel to find answers to help people accept the gospel. If there is one thing that I have learned here in the mission it is that I really am nothing. This whole work is run and operated by God. I just need to make sure that I am worthy to be the tool in his hands so that I can do what he would have me do. 
I am so grateful for what I am learning here in the mission. I am so grateful for the support That I receive form home. I love you all so much and I will keep praying for all of you. 
Con Amor Elder Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment