Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Teotihuacan again????

Hey Everybody!!!!!!
Elder Oliver once again reporting from Mexico. I am doing very well. Healthy and safe. It has been a really good week. We have been working really hard and we were able to find new people to teach but I will get to that a little later. But guess where I went today??? yup you guessed it Teotihaucan. It was pretty sweet once again. We went much earlier so it was not as hot and I hope that I did not get burned as much as I did last time. haha. But it was fun it was the first time that Elder Cruz had gone. I am definitely lucky that I have been able to go twice in my first area. 
So Like I said we had a good week. We found a less active member in the street and we were able to talk to her and she told us that her daughter who is 10 years old has not been baptized. And we were able to visit them and now she is going to be baptized in September!!!!! So that was super exciting! 
Right now we are teaching another family. They are all older. But they live next door to each other. The son Lives by himself and has 28 years. And the dad and the daughter live together. The dad is old and the daughter is 26. So anyway... ha. We are teaching them all at the same time but separately. Because each one has really serious problems. The dad has been smoking for 40 years and drinks 10-15 cups of coffee everyday. He is super sad because his wife passed away 3 years ago. He wants to change his life and find God because he wants to be with his wife again. The daughter is super Lonely....She does not think that she will ever find the right person and that she is going to be alone her whole life. And the son has serious drug problems. He lost his family because of the drugs and he is super sad as well. This has been quite the challenge for us. We know that the gospel can bless there lives and we have trying to figure out how we can help them apply the atonement in there lives and receive the help from our heavenly Father. I am glad to report that The dad has cut down his smoking to 3 cigarettes. It is not great because he is still smoking but he almost there. He has dropped coffee completely. And is now preparing for his baptism in September. The daughter has also accepted to be baptized in September and seems to be walking with her head a little bit higher. And I know that is because of the Lord. And The son....we are working really hard with him he knows what he needs to do. But he does not think he can do it. So is not really committing himself. We are working so hard with these three people. And they are all so awesome and I am just so grateful for the opportunity I have had to know them I hope that they can keep pushing forward so that they can have the blessings that the Lords has prepared for them. They really are so special. 
I am So glad and grateful for the things that I am learning and experiencing. It is crazy that 7 months have passed by so fast. I really am having a hard to believing it haha. But I really do hope all is well with you! I pray for all of you everyday and I am so grateful for the support and Love I get from you guys it means so much!! Thank you so much Love you all I hope that you all have a great week!
Con Amor Elder Oliver
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment