Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Holy Fireworks???

Hey Everybody!
Elder Oliver Once again. How is everybody doing?? I hope wonderful as usual. I am not going to lie I was very very delighted to hear of the Utah Victory over BYU! It sounds like it was a crazy game!!! I definitely wish I could have seen but I am sure that will watch highlights when I return. It is always a good game between BYU Utah that is why they are so fun you never who is going to win. I was surprised and happy to hear that Wynn quit the team. He has never really been my favorite. And now we see how classy he really his. But anyway not important. haha. I am glad that it was a good game! 
This was an interesting week. And when I say interesting I mean difficult. haha. This past weekend was the independence weekend of Mexico. So it was crazy all weekend. I almost got nailed with a firework haha. But besides that nothing happened. Last night and the night before we could not sleep because there were so many fireworks. And they were lighting fireworks all night!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha. But that is ok. I was fine with that. The part that was hard is that all of our investigators were out of town visiting families. It was a bummer because we were excited to see them and we had prepared some pretty powerful lessons for them. But I am glad as well that they were able to go spend time with family and enjoy themselves. We are working really hard to find new people to teach and it is something that we are struggling with. The one thing that I am learning here in the mission is that I am far from perfect. I am learning something new everyday about how can improve as a missionary and as a person. That is one of the reasons that the gospel is so amazing. We can always improve. We always become more like our savior. I am glad that in this life we are not going to finish the journey. Because I know how weak I am and how much I can improve and it motivates me to change the things I need to change. To strive harder today than I did yesterday. It is easy here in the mission because we are always praying and fasting and talking about the savior. But It is something that we all need to do wherever we are. Because that is when we grow. And if we fall (which we all fall in something at sometime) What a great opportunity it is to grow. I know that we could have done more this past week to help our investigators. Elder Cruz and I both felt that we should have done more. We both felt really bad. But then we began to talk about what we did wrong and what we are going to do to fix it. And we got so excited for this week to improve the things that we lacked so that our investigators can progress. It was something so special and I learned a great lesson. We are going to do things in our lives that make us feel bad, or guilty, It is in these moments that the atonement carries us. To improve and remember so that we don't fall in the same mistake. We become perfect in this area in our lives. We are slowly perfecting ourselves one aspect at a time. It is so awesome the power of the atonement I am grateful for lessons I learned this past week. 
I love you all so much and I hope that you are having a wonderful day! And week! I want to give a shout out to Miranda! happy Birthday Friday! I hope it is wonderful!!!! Once again thank you for all of your support I hope that you have a great week!!!!!!! I love you all so much!!! 
Con Amor Elder Oliver

1 comment: