Wednesday, September 5, 2012

WOOOOW my sister is married!!!!!!!!

Hey Everybody
So to start off I want to say congrats to my sister and Norman!!!! It sounds like everything went really well and really smooth. I sounded like it was a beautiful event. I am glad that everything was great! I am not going to lie I missed you all a lot this week and I was thinking about the Family and the wedding And wishing that everything went smoothly. I am glad that it did. I am expecting a very detailed summary of how it went and how everybody felt when I get back. So you all need to remember very well how everything went. haha.
I am doing really well. We are working hard and trying to help the people that we are teaching understand and accept the gospel so that they can have the blessings that it brings into their lives. It was a week up ups and downs. We found old investigators who Elder Maldonado and I talked to when I first got here. We had not seen them in months. And the last time that we talked to him he told us that he did not believe in the Book of Mormon. He felt like it was inspired of Man not of God. And after he told us that we decided to drop them because they were not progressing and usually just wanted to argue. But when we saw them in the street he was like when are you going to stop by? So we made an appointment and went to visit him. We talked about how he was doing and they are in a really hard situation. His papers are in Venezuela and because of this he cant get a job. His girlfriend works a little bit. But they don't have any money. They have nothing in their house. and they are 5 months late on the rent. And then he explained to us that he was reading in the Book of Mormon and he got really sleepy and fell asleep while he was reading. He told us while he was sleeping he had a dream that the missionaries that he first talked with visited his house and they talked about the Book of Mormon and his baptism and in the dream he believed that it was true and accepted to be baptized. He said that he felt super relaxed and content. Another Miracle. Another Dream. Another Prayer answered. They said that they wanted to get baptized and that they know this is the correct path for them. We are not sure when they will be able too because they need to get married and its expensive. But we are trying to find a job for him so that he can save some money and so that he can have the blessings of the gospel. 
We had three other investigators that have a lot of problems. It is a dad and his daughter and son. They are all older. the kids have 25 something and the dad is 60 something. They all have things that they want to change. They are all super sad. But we explained that the gospel helps us find the peace and joy that we are looking for in the gospel. They all accepted to be baptized but they all are going to need a lot of work. And they were not able to attend church and it was frustrating for us. Because they want to change and be in the good with God( their words). But then they did not show. We are going to work with them and continue praying that they can find the strength to press forward. 
And something not important but awesome. There are places here that are tiangis...Bad spelling. But they are portable malls. they really strange but the thing with these malls is that they are super cheap. I bought two pairs of Ray Bans for 55 pesos each. Or roughly 4.50 Dollars. True they are not originals but they look original. IT was awesome I am actually going to return today and maybe buy more. haha. 
But I am doing super well. I am so grateful for the things I am experiencing. I am sad that I could not be there for the wedding but I know that I am supposed to be here at this time. I am so happy for Mandy and Norman. I hope they have the best life ever together. I know that the church is true and that it really is the only way we can have the true happiness forever. I love you all so much and I am so grateful for your support and Love. The letters and packages. Everything is so appreciated. I love you all so much I hope you have a good week!!!!!!!
Con Amor Elder Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment