Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Another Week from Mexico

Hey Everybody,
I hope everybody is doing well and is healthy and happy! I want to say the family That I hope you all enjoyed your time in Lake Powell! I definitely missed all of you. I hope that it was a good trip! I definitely was thinking about all the good times that we have had at Lake Powell.
So this has been a really good week!! It was my first week with Elder Cruz and we are doing really well together together. It is something very strange...Companions not going to lie. We are with them all of the time. From Sunrise to sundown. But every companion brings something new to the table. Something that I can learn. We are working really hard and feel my self becoming a better missionary slowly but surely. Trust I am still a long ways a way from where I want to be but I am learning faster and faster.
We tried visiting a lot of people this week and We found a family of 5. They were old investigators that me and Elder Maldonado had taught in my first weeks here. I don't remember if I have mentioned them before but if I have I am sorry. We dropped them because they could not go to church because of there work. But as time has gone on I have felt an impression that we need to visit them again. I told Elder Maldonado and ya he was in a agreement but we never went. Well Monday when Elder Cruz got here I told him that we were going to go visit this family. So ya we went and we found them and I told them I was so sorry that we didn't pass by. They forgave us immediately and were just glad that we came back. This family has so much light in their eyes and in their this a family that could be a strong members in the church and they are only being held back because they work Sundays. It is something that we need to work with them because they cannot receive the blessings of baptism and being a member unless they go to church. This is how I know that I am changing. I am not just looking at these people for baptisms I am seeing them as they are. And what they can become. What heavenly Father has prepared for them. It is something really special. I am trying to figure what I can do to be the missionary that they deserve. What can I improve to become better. Not going to lie....It is hard. There are so many things that I can improve but I am excited that I know I can become better. And I am gong to give my all so I can do so.
Ana was not baptized this week...We are still working hard with her. We had a powerful lesson with her where we just told her how it is. She is practically a member. She has problems with any of the commandments she reads and prays everyday and goes to church every weekend. So we just told her Ana you are ready. You are a member without the blessings and the only commandment that you lack is baptism. She was like wow...you are right. She committed to be baptized this week. The most sure that she has ever been. So I want to ask all of you to pray for her that she mights stay strong in this decision so she can have these blessings. And her and Ivan can grow in the gospel together with there little boy.
I love being a missionary. It is hard and I am tired a lot. But the things that I am experiencing here are so special. So special that I don't even have words to describe. But it is not possible with out all your support so thank you very much. I pray for all of you everyday and I hope things are going well. Thanks for you letters and prayers and thoughts. They are so appreciated! Love you all so much!!
Con Amor Elder Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment