Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Ups and Downs, Cakes and Chilis

Hey Everybody!
How is everybody doing?? I hope well! I want to let everyone know that I am doing very well. I am learning a lot and staying healthy and safe! It was another good week here in Mexico! 
We were able to work hard and too see miracles this week! But as always there are ups and there are downs. We have a lot of investigators right now that are on the edge of getting baptized. We have the Dad who smokes and the daughter who both committed to be baptized but they just have not gone to church. They have both overcome their addictions and preparing for baptism. The thing is that they cannot be baptized if they do not attend church. They told us this past week that they were going. They committed and we visited them Saturday night and they said yes they were going. We we arrived at church guess what happened??? We did not find them there. They did not go again! It is something that is frustrating for us because we come to love these people and Heavenly Father has so many blessings for them and they are choosing not accept them. I am learning not to get upset with them but instead looking at what I am doing how I can better help them understand what they are missing out on. We are going to hope they attend this next Sunday. 
We also have a baptism this upcoming Sunday. Her name is Gloria she is the daughter of a less-active member. She is 10 years old and is really excited for her baptism so I will have pictures from that hopefully next week! We also have two families of 5 that we are teaching. I think I have talked about the one family who could not attend because they work Sundays well we had an extremely powerful lesson with them yesterday. And they told us that there is no problem and they are going to attend no matter what that is what they told us. We explained to them that they can find peace in this life. We asked him if he had ever felt peaceful in his life. He told us that only a few times in his for a very short period. We asked him what he would do to have peace all the time and he told us anything. The spirit was so strong that I really could not breathe very well. I felt like I was on fire but I was not sweating or anything I was thinking super clearly and speaking the best Spanish I have ever spoken. It was such an amazing experience I am just so grateful that the Lord allowed me to be apart of it. I am so excited for this family to progress! It was something really special that I wont forget!
So really quickly! It was the birthday of Hermana Alicia yesterday! SO we went over to her house and had cake with her and other members. It was so awesome! And delicious. And this week I also had chilis and ya...It was spicy and I did not like it. I know some of you will know what a JabaƱero is...ya that is what I had...I thought I was going to die. haha. But that's ok. I am alive and doing well. I love it here in the mission. I hope that everyone is doing well I am so grateful for all the support I get from you guys. GO UTES!!!!!!!! I heard their first game is this week! And Also congrats to my sister for moving into to her new house in California. Its really weird for me to think about but I know you guys will be great! Love you all so much HAVE A GOOD WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!
Con Amor Elder Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment