Monday, September 24, 2012

OH.........Changes.....

Hey Everybody!
Elder Oliver once again reporting from Mexico....but from a different area. I had my first transfer here in Mexico and I am still in the state of Mexico but in a different area that is called Valle Dorado. I only have a few hours here but....Wow..it is really nice! I didn´t realize in my last area that it was not that pretty....haha. But here it is really nice. Lots of traffic but lots of trees and the areas are really nice (as in money). haha. The houses are big and fancy looking which is a big difference from the gray buildings that I was at in my old area. haha. But the new companion is Elder Nillson. He is my brother in the mission (Which means that he had the same trainer as me which is Maldonado.) But he is cool really quiet and shy but cool. I am excited to work with him.
So what happened this last week we had another baptism of Bro. Genaro. I will send pictures next week. But it was something really special. We were changing into our white clothing in the bathroom of the church and he just started to tell me how excited and nervous he was. I told him that he had nothing to worry about. That really his Father in heaven was so proud of the decision he made. And he said I know I can feel his love so strong. Then after we were changing back into our clothing. Then he told me that he wished more than anything that his family could make this great promise with heavenly Father. He said I feel great but I know it could be better that his girls and his wife could take this step. We have been teaching them for awhile. And they are progressing to their Baptism but they still have doubts. I know that one day this wish of Bro. Genero is going to come true. I told Elder Cruz to write me when or if they get baptized. So I will let you know what happens with them. But keep them in your prayers.
Transfers is something really strange...It felt like my home in my old area. I had been there 5 months. I knew that transfers would happen eventually but the time is passing so fast....it is crazy. Sunday we went to church and did all the usual things. Then after the services we went and visited all the friends I had made and all of my converts. It is something that was so special and so difficult. I really never thought that is would be so hard to leave an area. But I really do love these people. My converts are people that are really special in my life and they always will be. As I was laying in my bed at night. I remember thinking...how great is the mission? These are people here in Mexico and they are such great friends of mine. That I have such a special relationship because I was able to watch them change their lives and grow in the Gospel. It has been something so amazing. I am so grateful for the decision I made to come on the mission. For the opportunity I had to serve in Pensamiento. And meet all these great people. Although it was so sad to leave these people I was so excited to come to this new area so that I can meet more people like them. I will always be in contact with these people. They will always be my friends. So being transferred wasn´t to bad just another opportunity to meet and help and serve more people. But more importantly serve the Lord.
Thank you so much for all of your love and your support. I love you all so much and I hope that everything is going well. I feel your prayers and your love everyday. Thank you so much!!!!! I hope that you have a great week! Until next monday!
Con Amor Elder Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment