Monday, October 1, 2012

Well we are not in Kansas anymore...

Hey everybody!!!
So to start things off this week...I am doing really well. I am healthy and happy! Well, sort of I heard that the US lost the Ryder´s cup this week......And I was extremely disappointed to hear that. I hope that the Utes can take care of business with USC. And ya that is all I have to say about those things! haha. 
Well I have finished my first week here in the ward of Alamedas. And to say the least...it is very different here. Remember how I told you guys that I am in a nice area? Well that was understatement. There is a lot of money in this area. In my old area there were only small buses and taxis in the street. Here there are audis bmw brand new VW´s. It is a huge difference. Some other differences are that in my old area it was really flat...here...the streets are hills. HILLS HILLS HILLS. My first day when we came back to the house at night I was dead...my legs were killing me and all I wanted to do was sleep. But fortunately now after one week my legs are healed and stronger than ever. haha. 
Now for the differences that are really important! Because there is a lot of money here....the work is a lot harder. We went around all week talking to people in the street and knocking doors to try and find new people. It is hard here. But something that I realized was that we are not going to have any success if we keep doing the same things. We need to change it up. Elder Nilsson and I talked about what we can do to find new people and help this part of the Lords vineyard progress. Well we found an answer that ever missionary knows...The Members. All missionaries want to work with members because that is how converts are made. What happens a lot in the mission is that some people get baptized and when their missionaries leave they stop going to church. Well if the members are involved they have friends and they will last! But sometimes it is hard because they dont help very much here. Well Elder Nilsson and I talked about it and we came up with a plan to have family home evening with all the members in the Ward and they can invite friends and family that are not members. The Bishop is really helping us and we had a lot of options to help them. We are really excited for the progress that is going to happen here. It might take awhile to really see a lot of progress but we are so exciting to keep working hard and help this area grow into its potential. Opposition=oppurtunities to grow. I hope that I can try and stay focused and look for what the Lord wants me to learn even when times are really hard. Depending on the Lord is the only way to stay on the path and find the success that is waiting for us!
Really quickly! I talked with Elder Cruz and remember the Family of 5 that I had been teaching for about 4 months? well they are getting baptized on the 14th of this month!!!!!!!!! I wanted to cry I was so happy! I am sad that I wont be there to see it. But I could not be any happier. Patience is the key. Everything works out in the Lords time. I am so happy for them and hopefully cruz sends me pictures so that I can show you guys! 
I Love you all so much and thank you for all the support that you give me! I feel your love and your prayers everyday! I hope that you all have a great week! aND i CANT WAIT TO TALK TO YOU ALL NEXT MONDAY!!
Con Amor Elder Oliver :)

No comments:

Post a Comment