Tuesday, July 31, 2012

First Transfer Done!

Hey Everybody!
Hey it is Elder Oliver once again! I have had another a good week here in Mexico! I am still loving the food! especially the bread. I am having a blast here, the Spanish gets better everyday! Everything is getting better! It is still hot however and I am sunburned everyday. My poor nose. I use sunscreen 2 or 3 times a day but it doesn´t seem to help to much. How are you all doing? I hope everything is going good! I heard that Andrew did really well on his farewell talk!! Congratulations Andrew I know that you are going to love Mexico! But thanks everybody for writing me and letting be know how you are all doing!
This week we have a lot of work! We have been struggling to find new people to teach but we have been working hard and It is the end of the transfer so it was kind of crazy all week. I want to share an awesome experience that we had yesterday. We had an appointment with one of the contacts we had in the street. She was an older lady. When we passed by her house she was there which is a blessing...haha. And she let us come in and her daughter and her grandson were there too. So we sat down and started talking with them. They were really nice and started sharing how they had been without the word of God for a long time. They said that is why they let us come over because they wanted to have God in their lives again. We shared the first lesson and they all accepted it very well. They said that they were going to read and pray to receive an answer. Then Delia (the contact) started talking and she said that when we started talking about how God is our Heavenly Father she said that one of the curtains in the house behind us went flying open. Like there was a gust of wind. But there was not wind in the house obviously she said that she had never seen it do that before. I don´t know what happened to be honest I didn´t see it. But the spirit was so strong when she shared that with us that I definitely know something happened and the spirit had touched her and they all decided that when they receive their answer that they were going to get baptized. It was such an awesome lesson!!! haha. The mission is crazy so many things happen everyday! it is crazy!!
anyway sorry for the short letter I am out of time but I want you all to know that I love you very much! and I am so grateful for the support and the love that you all give me! I am so grateful! love you all so much!
Con Amor Elder Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment