Tuesday, July 31, 2012

No more bread?

Hey everybody!
How is it going?? How are you doing??? and what is your favorite snack? haha. My answers to these questions are.....GREAT....GOOD.....AND BREAD!!!! haha I know that I have talked about the bread before but it is so good....However...I have decided that I am going to not buy anymore...I know I know, You are probably thinking.. how could you come to this decision???? well I decided that all of my exercise in the morning is going to waste because of bread....So I am going to stop buying bread so I can actually work out effectively ha but I have a feeling that this goal will not last very long because...I love bread...so I will keep you updated. 
Ok now that the important stuff is out of the way...This is how the work is going...Just kidding. The work has been going really well in our area this week. We actually did not have very many lessons but that is ok because Elder Maldonado and I have been working really hard and working better together. It really has been a special week.I feel like I have grown more this week then I have in my entire mission so far. I know....That is crazy right? No it is true. I realized there were a lot of things that I was lacking as a missionary...And I still lack a lot of things. But I am more proactive at attacking these areas of weakness and I feel myself becoming a better missionary. 
Because of these changes I feel and know that our area is being blessed. Elder Maldonado and I sat down and had discussion about the things we need to do or improve in order to earn the blessings that the Lord has prepared for us. We set our goals and we went out to work. And we worked so hard this week! and we did not have any new investigators or many lessons or anything but we kept working. And guess what happened yesterday at church....A couple was there that we had not seen before..We talked to them and they told us they had been talking to missionaries but the had just moved and they were wanting to get baptized...Now I want to ask all of you if that was a coincidence......I don't think so...That was just a cool little story that happened to me this week and a testimony builder for me. 
Another thing that really was cool was we went on divisions with other elders and I was left in our area to go see everybody and plan the activities for the day and everything. Now usually this is no big deal,....however I don't speak Spanish very well and I felt a lot of pressure and was pretty scared. But we went out and worked and everything was great! we had some good lessons and I felt like I didn't destroy the area so all and all I think I am learning which is great!!! 
Well I really do hope that you have a good week and I am so grateful for all of your support and your love and prayers. You really don't know how much that means to me. I love you all so much!! Talk to you next week!!!
Con Amor Elder Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment