Tuesday, June 5, 2012

My first Baptism!

Hey everybody!
Elder Oliver once again with an update on how this past week has been here in Mexico!! So I am getting more and more familiar with spanish! I am not going to lie I am still horrible but that is ok! I know that it is getting better and that is all that matters to me right now. And I am now getting more and more accustomed to the food as well so that is nice!! I am learning a lot. We havent had a lot of cool interesting stuff happen this week so I am sorry that I dont have to much to report about this stuff. haha I am sorry. 
But now to the work. We had another rough week work wise. We didnt find any new people to teach. I know that it is common in a lot of places in the world but not here in Mexico. We find a lot of people all the time to teach but this week we did not find any...unfortunately. So ya the whole week Elder Maldonado and I were struggling and trying to work hard. We had a baptism coming on Sunday and so that definitley helped keep our spirits up. When Sunday came around we were fasting because it is fast sunday and I was definitely able to the see the blessings of fasting. Because when we arrived at church. We had four people who we had never seen before. So after sacrament we made sure to go over and talk with them. And we found out that they had been brought by some less active memebers of the church and that they wanted to start coming back and that the people they had brought to church wanted to know more about the church and wanted to know how to join...Well...If that is not one of the biggest blessings that I have ever recieved I dont what it is. I am grateful for the Lord looking out for our companionship and I know that if I do everything I can that he is going to bless me in on way or another. It really does bring me so much comfort to know that this is his work. And it is in his hands not mine. As long as I do what I am supposed everything will be alright. 
And after church ended we had the baptism of Sammy. I am not going to lie it was easy from the perpective of the missionary. There family is so determined to be involved in the church once again and sammy wanted to do everything to help his family get there. So accepted everything that we left with him and taught him and he really is a special kid. I conducted the baptism service....yikes... my spanish is pretty bad and I was really scared. But I thought I better put my faith in the Lord and hope he takes care of me. And he did. everything was fine. I know that my spanish was bad but the people understood what i was trying to say. So that is all that matters to me. But anyway the service really was special. And when Hermana Ibon his mom shared her testimony it was really special. I felt the spirit so strong and I am so proud of their family and the changes that they have made in there life. I am grateful to have been apart of that experience. 
Anyway..That is all I have to say right now...I wish I had more but I dont have much time. Anyway I want to say I love you all so much and thank you for your support and love I really do feel it everyday. Gracias! Les Amo muchisimo! 
Con Amor Elder Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment