Tuesday, July 31, 2012

New Companion!!

Hey Everybody,
Elder Oliver once again reporting from the state of Mexico and the Country of Mexico. I am doing well!!! I am healthy and working hard. The rain is really pouring here. It rains at least one a day and it is really rains. We get soaked haha. But it is part of the experience and actually is pretty fun. 
So with the work we had a pretty good week. We had a lot of lessons and we were finding people to teach and best of all Ivan was able to be confirmed yesterday. It was an awesome experience. I was really happy for him. We had a lot of people at church and ya it was just really exciting. 
However...We also had transfers this week and ya elder Maldonado left for the state of Hidalgo. So yesterday at church we were taking pictures and saying goodbye to all the members and everyone that he had met and taught. It was really awesome. Because It was like a reality check. I have been in this area for 3 months now and I feel like I live here like this is my home. haha. Not really but it is very comfortable. So this made me realize that I need to enjoy the time I have in my areas and make the most of it because the friends I make and the people I see everyday are going to change one day. And it also helped me realize how much I really do love the people here. I saw Elder Maldonado getting ready to leave and i just thought. Wow...I do not want to leave. 
I am so grateful that Elder Maldonado was my first companion here in Mexico I learned so much from him. We also became really close and really good friends. I hope that he does well in Hidalgo and that I will see him again in the mission or after. 
So...I know that the suspense is just killing you guys......who is my new companion?? where does he come from?? what does he look like??? Well I am sorry but you will have to find out next week because ya I am out of time once again.....






Hahaha. Just kidding :) I will tell you right now. His name is Elder Cruz and he is from the state of Vera Cruz. I have only known him for a couple hours but he is really nice. And I have really good luck with companions I think. Because he like Elder Maldonado was for me is the dad of Elder Richardson here in the mission. So ya we were talking about how Elder Richardson is doing. And if everything is going well with him. Which it is! They had a lot of success in there area together so I was glad to here that he doing well. But I am excited to work with Elder Cruz. I am going to miss Maldonado but I know that this is going to be a good opportunity to learn more and become a better missionary. 
Everybody thank you so much for all of your love and all of your support! I am learning a whole bunch of new things here In Mexico. But I think about you and pray for all of you all the time. Your support is so much appreciated that I don't have words to describe. Thank you! Love you all so much
Con Amor Elder Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment