Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Miracles Really Happen??

Hey Everybody!!! 
Elder Oliver once again! How is everyone doing? I am doing really well. Healthy and Happy. I hope that everybody had a good 4th of July! I definitely missed the fireworks and the great food but that is ok! I hope all of you had a good time and hope everyone is doing well and is healthy. 
So this was definitely a very special week of mine. One that I am definitely not going to forget. I have mentioned in some of the past emails about my investigator Ivan. He was someone who was not happy where he was in his life. He was scared that he was going to lose his family and wanted to changed. We have been meeting with him for over a month and a half. Almost all the time I have been here in Mexico. We have been working with him and trying to help him get his life in order. He has grown so much and made so many changes in his life. The spirit definitely touched his heart and he is a completely different person. Well yesterday was his Baptism. He came to the church and he was really nervous. But really excited for the step he was about to take. The services really were beautiful and He was able to make his first covenants with the Lord. It was something that I am so grateful that the Lord let me be a part of. I know that we did not do anything. The Lord was able to touch his heart and change his life. I am just glad I was able to be there and be apart of the experience. 
So along with the Baptism of Ivan were going to have 2 other baptisms. Their Names are Jose de Jesus and Carolina. They were a couple with a pretty big age difference. haha. About twenty years. We had doubts whether they were really married or not. We asked them over and over and over and over. And every time they told us that they were married. Really we asked them at least fifty times and explained how important it is for them to be married if they are going to live together. They told us yes they were married. So when it came to time for them to be interviewed for their baptism, we told the zone leaders to really question them and make sure they were married. And after about 10-15 minutes one of the zone leaders came out and told us that ya they were not married. Carolina had told the truth finally. I am so glad that they did. We have not been able to see them since. We passed by twice and cant find them. I hope they are not upset or mad. Because they were really good people who wanted to get baptized. They just have money problems and cant afford to get married. It is sad...I hope in the upcoming week we can find them and talk with them. 
So I know that I mentioned in the title something about a miracle...I am going to explain now. I hope the suspense was not to much to handle haha. 
So we have been meeting also with someone named Anna. Anna is actually the wife of Ivan. haha. We have been meeting with her regularly and she had not really been progressing. All of her family are members and they are all inactive. I think this definitely had something to do with her being hesitant to talk with us. But one visit she told us that ya she is not going to get baptized she thinks that religion is a way to control to the people. So we were a little discouraged with her. But we did not want to give up because Ivan was doing so well and we wanted them to have this change together so they could grow in the gospel together. One day we visited with Anna left a chapter of the Book of Mormon for her to read and pray about. She said she would. The next time we saw her was Saturday. We talked to her about how it went and she told us that it well. We excited to hear that. We asked why. She said that she fell asleep while she was reading......and we were like...oh.....great.... haha. But she said that when she fell asleep she had a dream. She had a dream that she was in front of a big white building and someone invited her in and every was dressed in white and there was a big chandelier. She said that she felt so peaceful and so calm. Instantly we knew that she had a dream of the temple. She had entered the temple and she knew that she was going to go there someday. 
Now knowing what she told us before. I know that this was a miracle. The Lord had answered her prayers through a dream that the church was true and that she was going to the temple someday. It was definitely one of the coolest experiences ever. I am so grateful that I was able to be there. And experience. She still has some doubts about things because she has thought one way her entire life. But she accepted to get baptized and we are planning her service for this Sunday. We are trying to see if Ivan can meet with the bishop and have an interview to receive the priesthood so he can baptize her. It would be the coolest thing ever!!! I hope it works out pray for them please!!!
So ya that was my very exciting week. I hope you guys all had a good week and that you have a good one this week. I love you all so much and I am so grateful for the support that you give. I am definitely the luckiest missionary in the world thank you so much for everything 
Con Amor Elder Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment