Tuesday, June 5, 2012

OH how I Love Sweet Bread

Hey Everybody!
It is Elder Oliver! AGAIN! SURPRISE! So another week to report on here from Mexico!!! I am really loving it here! So an update on how I am doing! I am GREAT we got hot water this week! So I have been very grateful for that wonderful blessing. And I will never take it for granted ever again! I was a little sick from the food at the beginning of the week but that is ok! It was nothing serious! And I am enjoying the food and weather! So really I am doing really well here in Mexico but know to the important stuff the work!
I am still struggling with spanish haha. But I am learning more and more each day so that is good! This week has been one of the more difficult weeks in the mission when it comes to the work. We had a lot of meetings and appointments set up but almost every single one of them fell through. So that was a definite bummer but Elder Maldonado and I do a great job at keeping upbeat and happy and just keep working hard. And I know that all that hard work would pay off. And it did. Yesterday we had a pretty amazing experience with a less active family. They had attended church out of the blue so we made sure to go see them later in the day and see how they felt being back there and just learn more about their family. When we were in their house talking with them we found out that they had all been members for a long a time 3 of the 4 kids had been baptized but they had not been sealed in the temple as a family and the youngest sam (10) hadn´t been baptized. So we also found out that they had prepared a few times to enter the temple and sealed as a family but they have had some bad luck. I didn´t quite understand all the things that prevented them from going but they really do have a desire to go to the temple. So we sat down with them and discussed and talked about the church and how when we are active in the church we recieve so many blessings. Especially in our families and they totally agreed because they know it is true because they have experienced it and they wanted to get those blessings and the love from our Heavenly Father again. We explained that the best way to invite the spirit back into the home is Reading the scriptures as a family, prayer, and going to church together. It is spiritual >CPR haha. BUt that doesn´t work in spanish haha. But it is true. It was such a rewarding experience for me because I was able to see the spirit work in there home, and in there family. They all were wanting the same thing. They all wanted to become better. And as I saw that desire in them I realized that I wanted to become better. I have so many things that I can change and do differently so that I can invite the spirit more into my life. I thought that is was just the coolest experience to be in there home yesterday. So we set goals for them the things that they need to do to enter the temple together. It was awesome. And Sam now has a baptismal date! And when he said he would prepare the whole family was so excited for him!! Ya sorry I know I am talking a lot but it was really so awesome! I am grateful for my family and the things that they have always done for me to help me become the person I am today! So Thanks so much Family!!! I LOVE YOU ALL! haha. Anyway this has been an awesome week! Some ups and downs! Just got pick up your head and work hard always!!
Oh and just so you all know. I love the Bread here in mexico!! Pan dulce. Oh my goodness I buy one everyday. I really hope I don´t get fat but that is ok! Because they are so good I don´t even care. haha. Anyway.
Thank you so much for all of your support I really do love you all so much!! Thanks for everything you do! Have a good week talk to you next monday!
Con Amor Elder Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment