Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Mother's Day

Hey everybody!
So this week was another great week of course! So an update on how I am doing! I have been learning a little more spanish everyday which is good. I still don't understand very much because everybody here just talks so fast! I can't figure it out! But I know it is going to get better with time! :) So I am not worry about that! I had some interesting food this week! haha. I got a little sick but that was expected! Good thing I got medicine it really helped out a ton! I am still taking cold showers unfortunately! haha. But I think that is going to change soon! So wish me luck on that! OH and I love the The bread here....I know that is random but I just remembered that the sweet bread is amazing... I get some almost everyday! SO hopefully I don't gain to much weight while I am here!
So this week the work was kind of slow....we had a lot of dropped and cancled appointments! Which was a bummer! but that is ok we contacted a lot of people in the street so we hope with time we are going to find some people who have been prepared by the Lord!! we did have a good lesson with a man named Edgar. He is someone who definitely needs the comfort and peace and happiness that comes with gospel. He has two little girls and is divorced.  His wife cheated on him and then took the kids. He was so said and so depressed after that that he started doing drugs and drinking. He did drugs for about a year. And he has been off of them for about a few months. He is still so sad and so depressed because his ex wife won't let him see his little girls. He came to church and I think that he really enjoyed it. and He know has a date for baptism! It was so special because we can just see how the gospel is already changing his life. He seems a little happier everytime we leave his house. And his baptism really will be a day that will change his life. And the knowledge of the Saviors antonement and love can make the saddest person the happiest when they apply the atonement in there life.!
So yesterday was mother's day! It was so awesome to get to talk to my family! And Miranda too! I just want to wish my mom happy mothers day again one more time! and all the other moms in the world happy mothers day! Thanks for everything you do! So I want you guys to know that I really loved seeing you yesterday! YOu really don't know how much it means to missionary! It is like recharging your batteries ha! SO I am glad that I got to see all of you and I hope that I answered all of your questions! haha I know that I am really bad at that!!!

SO that was this week I am sorry that I didn't have to much to report on! But I love all of you so much and thank you for all the support you give me I really am able to feel it everyday! LOVE YOU ALL! have a good week! Talk to you on monday :)
con amor Elder Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment