Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Teotihuacan!

Hey Everybody!!
Elder Oliver once again! I hope everybody is doing really well! I am doing really well! Perfectely healthy and enjoying my mission! So grateful for that! Elder Maldonado and I are really getting along well! I definitely have been blessed with good Companions and I am definitely making sure that I do not take it for granted. So hopefully I dont ever have a bad a one haha. The Culture here in Mexico is different. But not too much. There are dogs everywhere they just roam the streets. And there are just a lot of people. My area is a very poor area. There are a lot of people in a small area which means that there are not a lot of jobs. Most people work by selling stuff in the street. Personally I dont know if they ever make any money. I never see people buy their stuff. So I dont know it is rough area. But the people are so humble and so nice here. Even though I dont understand that they are saying. They are really good.
So I want to tell you really quick about where I went today! Today me and another companionship went to some ancient ruins about a 45 minutes away! A place called Teotihuacan! It was so awesome!!! It was really hot too. Thank goodness I brought some sunblock! It is definitely the coolest thing that I have seen since I have been in Mexico. It was cool to see all the detail and craftmanship of this temples. It is crazy I have no idea how they did it! And another thing that was cool for me was to see some historical Book of Mormon stuff. Ha. These ruins are the decendants of the Lamanites! Ha it is so cool! I thought that it was just an awesome experience and I well documented the day on my camera. So hopefully next week I can try and find out how to send some pictures through the email.
Now we had a great week of work! I talked about sammy last week and he is doing great. His baptism is this sunday so we are so excited for him. We found  a lot of new investigators. And have really been working hard and teaching a lot. We had a really cool experience this week with a new investigator. He is married to one of the daughters of a less active family in the ward. But his wife isnt a member. We were walking in the street and he came up to us..oh his name is Omar sorry....He said that he was really glad he saw us because he said that he really needed help. He is struggling with an addiction and he knows that he needs help. He has almost lost his family because of it and he said after watching a video on youtube a little cartoon about the savior going back for the lost sheep he said he cried and cried. That is when he knew that he needed to change. So we met with him and told him how having the knowledge of the atonement and following the gospel that our savior has showed us...we can overcome anything. We met with him friday and saturday and he came to church on Sunday. He is such a humble man and the fact that he was looking for us just shows me that the Lord prepares people. It seems like every week I have a new experience that shows me how I am not even involved in this work. It is all the the Lord he does it all. I am so grateful for the experience that I am having on my mission it is amazing.
So that is what is going on with me this week! It has been amazing and I feel my spanish getting better everyday which is so awesome and I am so excited for. But anyway I love you all so much and I want you to know that I am so Grateful for everything that you all have done for me! Thanks for the support and the love! I really do appreciate it! LOVE YOU ALL!!
Until next week.
Con Amor Elder Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment