Saturday, February 4, 2012

50 Year Anniversary

HOLA!
Hey everybody! I want to start off by thanking everybody who has written me! I am doing my best to get letters back! I am a slow writer and only have a few hours during laundry time on friday to write! So please forgive me!
This week has been amazing! It seems like time is going fast sometimes and then other times it goes super slow. But that is not important haha. I am learning a lot of spanish! Teaching my investigators is getting easier! (people I teach who are interested in the church. But in the MTC they are not real...they are just my teachers but it feels real because they speak spanish the whole time.) I love teaching; the spirit is so strong! So i think last time i wrote I said Rafael was my investigator. Well he "moved back to puerto rico" haha. So now I am teaching my teacher Hermano Davis/Canducho and Hermano Crawley/rafael/Nelson haha. It is getting better and better each time we teach because we are getting better at spanish and getting better at recognizing the spirit. Elder Richardson and I are really getting along well! he really is so funny! he loves Donald Trump....LIKE A LOT!!!!!! is muy comico para mi.(funny for me).
SO..........The 50 year anniversary of the MTC was on tuesday and it was one the most spiritual experiences/days I have ever had in my life. So the day really wasn't anything special until about 5:50. we skipped dinner to go wait in line because there was a lot of hype about who might be speaking. We waited for two hours.  it was so bad I hated it! But we finally got in and there was just electricity in the air about who it will be giving the talk! so we started singing as we usual do (we sing a lot in the MTC....) ha but during the second hymn We saw that the speakers were coming through the door... and boom!!!! everyone in the whole gym just stood up at once to show respect to the TWO general authorities that walked in. Russel M. Neilson, and Jeffrey R. Holland. I was literally punched in the face with spirit. It was incredible It was the first time I had ever seen a general authority in person. It was incredible. Jeffrey R. Holland just bore his testimony on missionary work and it was incredible. I loved it. It made me feel even stronger about what I am doing and how right it is for me. And then Russel M. Nelson talked about he history of missionary work and there were some missionaries in the beginning of the church that literallly baptized thousands of people. That was so powerful. I know I won't do that. But I am excited to bring joy into peoples lives. I cannot wait. Then after the Devotional we had District testimony meeting and it was so powerful. I love my district. there are some people I dont see eye to eye with but that is ok i am just trying my best to set a good example so we can all enjoy our time in the mtc because it is not easy. Its hard work 16 hour days of studying and we are together almost the whole time. So i am glad I enjoy their company! The spirit was so strong at the meeting. I love hearing people talk about their feeling and experiences because mine are so different from everyone else's. I love it I learn so much from other people sharing. That is why they tell us to teach with our testimony, it is the biggest tool we have against satan. I am praying more than I ever have and read more. I am doing my best to be dilligent. Its not easy but it is important. I loved this week and I love you all so much! talk to you next week!!!
Ciao,
Elder Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment