Friday, January 27, 2012

Week 2 - MTC

Hey Everyone!!!!!
How is it going!!! Thanks for the Jazz updates I really do appreciate it!! And Norman don't I loved your letter! That is a bummer they lost in double ot!! but oh well sounds like they played hard! So I have been here a week!!! Its crazy it seems like have been here so long! I am really liking the MTC a lot of it is hard! Especially trying to teach our investigators in spanish. It is amazing how much spanish I have learned in one week! but when I am teaching there are so many things that me and Elder Richardson want to say but we just don't know how too. I am not worrying about the language so much because as long as I work on it and try my best it will come eventually! I have mainly been trying to focus on the doctorine. because if I do not know the doctorine in english how can I be able to explain it in spanish! So my focus has been studying preach my gospel and the scriptures dillegently. I am so far behind the other missionaries when it comes to knowing the gospel! You guys know I have only been like super active for like a year now. So it has been very hard for me. But I am getting better. I read 2 Cor 1:7 all the time and gives me so much comfort. Anyway to the fun stuff! Me and Elder Richardson are getting along Great! my district is great too! sometimes we have arguements about being respectful but I try to stay out of it and set an example by studying when I need to study and helping whenever I can help. I am working on charity and love because that is what my investigadors need to feel while I am teaching them. IT IS SO IMPORTANT!!! So that's what I have been working on. I love my roomates elder Dove and Elder Shuler. Especially Elder Shuler! me and him would be great friends if we were on the outs. They are both going to my mission! SO hopefully we can be companions someday???????????????? PERHAPS...... ha hopefully me and Elder Shuler Can be I really do love him haha. anyway...It is amazing how much I am learning and know this is where I need to be! I want to go to mexico right now!!!!!!!!!! even if i would suck at the language Thats ok the spirit will help me out! It is the best companion in the world!!!!!!!  Anyway I love everyone! If you sent me a letter thank you! Les
 Quiero Elder Oliver 

2 comments: