Friday, February 10, 2012

3 Weeks Down!

It has been a crazy week....I am learning a lot of spanish and gettting more and more effective in my lessons! I am learning so much in the scriptures and building my testimony it them has been great! I am hoping to send some printed pictures home soon but is hard to find the time to get them developed! So this week like I said has been crazy! tons of spiritual moments and other sad ones, some at the same time. Elder Taylor from my district is being sent home today....we have known for a couple of days that it was happening, and he has really been struggling to keep himself composed. I felt so bad for him. He suffered a lot to come and serve his mission and now he has to go home. For the past couple days I had been trying to figure out how i can best help him...And I didn't know...I asked the Lord how can I serve my friend...and I know an answer came. Last night after he met with the branch President to get everything worked out he came in and talked to us for a second and we all told him that we loved him and were there for him. Then I had a strong impression to pull him off to the side and talk to him one on one. So that is what I did! I had know idea what I was going to say...So I sat there just thinking and listening for something. Then the 2nd Cor 1:7 poppped in my mind. I know I talk about that scripture all the time and it is propably annoying to all of you by now haha. but I really felt i needed to share this with him. And it has so much personal meaning in my life. So i did. I told him how we accepted the challenge to come to earth and be tested and we understood that we would be the partakers of suffering. and how we looked Jesus and our father in the eyes and said yes we accept your challenge because we love you and want to follow you and live with you forever. As I bore me testimony on this scripture I honestly I have never felt the spirit so strong in my life. and He just broke down and thanked me for sharing that scripture. I was so happy that I could help him just for that one little moment. I told him that it is going to be hard however long it takes him to overcome his trial. but he needs to do anything and everything to get back on his mission and he is going to be a better missionary if he handles this experience well. I was saying this and the spirit was testifying to me just as much as him and it was so spiritual and sad and happy. happy because he is doing the necessary things in his life to make him come closer to Christ. I was so proud of him. So ya. it has been a very interesting week and I am so grateful for the oppurtunities I have had to grow. Me and Elder Richardson are also sad because Elder Dove and Elder Shuler are leaving tuesday for mesa arizona. Not mexico becuase of visa troubles. So ya we are pretty sad but we are very excited for them. I can't wait for the day I leave the MTC and start my real mission! it is going to be great! I love what I am learning here and testimony is srengthened diariamente....(daily) spanish for ya :) love you everybody! thanks so much for the love! I feel it everyday! thanks! Love you guys!
 
Con Amor Elder Oliver
 
P.S. We watched the Joseph Smith movie on Sunday...It is amazing and if you haven't seen it go see right this second!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment