Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Bandarillas!

Hey Everybody!
Elder Oliver here once again! How is everybody doing? Good? I sure do hope so! I am doing well here in Mexico. Healthy and happy! We had a good week of work! But before I get to that I want to explain the pictures! First This week we had a zone conference. And I was able to see Elder Hyde and Elder Shuler my old buddies from the MTC. SO that was really awesome Elder Shuler is the one on the right! Hyde in middle and of course me on the left :) Next it is just a picture of me modeling the city. And last....I know you are probably wondering what the heck I am eating...Well it is a little restaurant that one of the members have here in the ward. They are called Bandarillas. What I am eating is a shishkabob (hope thats right) that has cheese and banana and it is deep fried. haha Yes it is horrible for me but I must admit that it was delightful! It has frosting and caramel. Oh....it was wonderful and I plan returning soon!
So like I said we had another good week of work! We are preparing a baptism this week for Iliana! We are really excited for her! We have a lot investigators who are progressing and it seems that our teaching pool is increasing everyday. We had a bummer this week though we were expecting one of our investigators to come to church. We had a member pass by to pick them up. We were waiting in the door and when we saw the member come in alone we asked what happened and she told us that her husband got really upset when he heard that she was talking to the missionaries and did not let her go. He is very catholic. It is a problem in all of Mexico! Catholicism is huge. Everybody is catholic haha. But it was sad. We are hoping that we will be able to find her this week and see what we can do to help her and talk with her husband. Because it is hard for us to teach just one person in the family for reasons like this. So we hope that we can find him and her this week to help resolve some doubts and concerns. But besides that one incident we have been doing very well!
Oh another change that has happened. With the new crazy and great news that President Monson gave us in conference about the age change for the missionaries. There has been a lot more missionaries applying to go to the mission. The MTCs dont have enough space for all of them haha. I am talking about the one here Mexico I don't know about Provo or anything but here in Mexico. So what they are doing to counteract this problem is changing the program for the Mexican missionaries to 2 weeks instead of three in the MTC. So what I am trying to get at is that there is a another change on when I will be coming home. haha. I had told you that I would be coming home three weeks early. But that no longer is the case I will be coming home on the day that was originally scheduled haha. It is a lot of changing but that is alright. So just thought I would let you guys know that the new change of the age is something really awesome. There are so many more missionaries that the MTC does not have room! haha. I think it is awesome!
Anyway I love you all so much! I hope you all had a great week and I hope you have a good one this week! Thanks so much for you prayers and support! It means so much"! Until next time!
Elder Oliver


No comments:

Post a Comment