Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Almost December

Hey Everybody!
Elder Oliver here once again! coming live from Lomas de Atizapán México! haha. I am just sending an update on how everything is going with me! I am healthy and safe! We had a really good week! We worked hard and we are having a little trouble finding new people to teach. But hey that is the Mission. Something That I love about the mission is that it gives me the chance to try and figure out new ways to find solutions to the problems that we face. As my dad would say CRITICAL THINKING! Something that I was never very good at before the mission haha. So I am grateful for the opportunity that the Lord has given me to develop characteristics that I lack. We are doing alright though. We have been having a lot of fun when it comes to the work. This a great area. It is fun to see these people making the changes in there lives to see the gospel change them and see them become more and more happy! It is something really awesome! 
So I read a really good talk this week it is called "believing Christ a practical approach to the atonement" I would suggest to everyone to go read it or even better listen to it on speeches.byu.edu. It is great! I cannot remember who gave it...but it is really good! I helped me think about my savior and really how much power the atonement has in our lives. It does not matter what we have done..We can be clean through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. We can overcome anything. The only thing that we need to do is believe it. It is true but sometimes we feel so bad about something or we feel so overwhelmed with a calling in the church or our responsibilities. That we feel like we cannot make into the celestial kingdom! It is possible for everyone. EVERYONE! That is so awesome to think about. That our Heavenly Father loves us so much that he has given us and everybody the opportunity to live with him again. He gave his firstborn son as a sacrifice so that all of us can be with him. I cant explain how much love I feel. When I think about that. I know that God loves us and he wants us to be as happy as he is. It is possible all we need to do is be faithful and make sure our live are in a agreement with his laws and commandments. It is possible. I loved this talk and it really helped me see how all we need to do is trust him. He will catch and us and carry us where we need to go if we let him! I thought it was something really awesome and beautiful to think about. 
I am so grateful for all the support and love you all give me! Thanks so much for the letters and the prayers they mean so much! i hope you have a great week! I love you all so much until next week! 
Con Amor Elder Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment