Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Conference

Hey Everybody!
Elder Oliver here once again reporting from Mexico!! So the big news! Missionaries can leave for the mission earlier! That is some really exciting news and I am so pumped to be seeing more missionaries all over the world! It is really exciting news! So I am not going to lie. I listened to all the of the sessions on Saturday and Spanish...And I understood what the main point of the message was and I could understand all of it the thing is that the Spanish voices are all monotone and it was a little boring. But I really liked the talk given by elder Nelson. He talked about missionaries quite a bit haha. It made me want to be a better missionary because I am going to receive a lot more questions! haha. 
The Sunday morning session was my favorite! I Loved the very first talk that was given by Elder Eyring. I loved what he said about the pavilion and how God never puts a pavilion over us. Sometimes we are the ones who do it. Really that is so true. In good times and in bad times Our Heavenly Father wants to bless us but sometimes we are so angry, or upset, or hurt, or in pain, that we forget he is there to help us. When times are rough that is when we need to rely on him most. We need to pray as if everything depends on him and then act as if everything depends on us. That is where we will feel his love! 
I also LOOOOOOOOOOVED the talk given by Elder Holland. It was super powerful! The question that we are going to hear when we are in front of Jesus Christ at the pleasing bar.. Do you Love you me? I hope that I can say that and that my actions can prove that I really do love him. If we love Jesus we will do what he expects of us we will change and we become more like him, we will share his gospel so that other people can feel of his love and receive his blessings. I loved that talk and I cant wait to read it again when it comes out in the Liahona. 
I also love the talk of President Monson. Where he talked about following the spirit and not waiting. Praying for opportunities to have spiritual experiences and not keeping anything away from our father in heaven. My favorite quote from this conference "The Lord is in the details of our lives" He is in everything that we do. He wants to hear how we are doing. Even in the small things. We need to share everything with him so that he can help us and that we can have this father son or father daughter relationship. We need to rely on him in all things. It was really powerful.
I really enjoyed this last conference and I hope that all of you did too! We are so blessed to have the blessings of living day prophets and apostles to guide us and help us. I hope that we can give thanks and recognize the blessings in our lives. I am so grateful to be here in the mission and to help other people learn that there is a prophet who guides and helps us. Thank you all so much for your love and your support! I hope you all have a great week and I hope that you all enjoyed conference as much as I did!!
Con Amor Elder Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment