Monday, April 2, 2012

Hi Everyone!

Hey Everybody!
It is Elder Oliver once again reporting from Las Vegas! How is everybody doing?? I am doing great! a lot have things have happened this last week! So I am going to start off with the usual things haha. I will start with the work. We did not have any baptisms this week but we have a few progressing investigators and a couple that are set for the 21st of April. They are our priority right now. They are Robert and Erin. I know that I told you all about Erin a little. Unfortunately I have more bad news to report. She got in a fight with one of her friends in the apartment complex she lives in. She has been 86'd I think that is what it is called. But she has been kicked out. So we have not been able to get a hold of her for the past few days. It has been tough...So we have been making daily contact with robert though! which has been so amazing!! He is such a great guys who is so sincere. But he has a smoking problem. He could be baptized tomorrow if it was not for that. It is something he is really going to struggle with. I think he is going to make it by the twenty first because he knows about the atonement of the Savior and how through the atonement we can change. He is so humble and really wants to change we love him and are so excited for him! So me and my companions are getting along good! We definitely are not as close as me and elder richardson were. That is ok. We get along good and have fun! They are both pretty far along in their missions so I kind of have to take the back seat sometimes. But that is really ok because I learn a lot by watching them teach and stuff. But I am not speaking spanish enough at all...I try to speak to elder Tuione and he just never talks back really. So I am really trying to keep up on it. So I don't loose everything I was taught. Oh the strip is not in my mission in case anyone is wondering... haha. I know some people had that question. I see elder Butler from my district in the MTC all the time. He is in my zone and we get to talk quite often. Elder Richardson I definitely won't see until Mexico and Jessop will probably be the same way too.
So Now we will get to CONFERENCE!
I loved General Conference! The theme was definitely Family! Which is so wonderful! because abviously Family is the most important thing in our lives. I am so grateful that the brotheren talked about it. Because Satan really is doing his best to attack the family! So now I will get  to some of my favorite talks! I loved the talk that President Eyring gave on adversity. Because adversity and trial talks are my absolute favorite so that one really was a great one for me. I loved the talk by Holland as well. Along with Family they also talked about the atonement and how we are always able to come back no matter how far we fall. Holland said something along these lines "The Lord only cares that we arive at the appropriate faith, it does not matter how we get there or how long it takes." I loved that. Especially as a Missionary I see people who are struggling with so many different things. But no matter how long they fall they will be able to return. No joke I seriously liked every single talk that was in conference. But I won't write about all of them. But I hope everyone gets a chance to check out all the talks! Because they really were fabulous.
So I can see the Vegas temple out my window in the distance. I am hoping I will be able to get the chance to go through it before I leave but if I don't that is ok! I am focused on the work of the living. Being in the field really is wonderful. I am so grateful for the time I had in the MTC and the people I met there and the things I learned but it does not compare to the field. I am actually helping people find the way to access the atonement in their lives fully. I am seeing how it is changing their lives. It really is the greatest feeling in the world! The days seem to fly by! There are disappointments when people don't keep committments and stuff like that. But it is ok. I know I am trying my best and I feel the love of the Lord everyday. I hope all of you are doing what you need to do to keep the spirit with you always. We aren't perfect obviously...look at me! I am such a goof sometimes. But when we do our best the Lord blesses us! I love you all so much! Thank you for your prayers and your support you have no Idea how much it means to me! Thank you so much! I have no idea how long I will be in Vegas! I am guessing it will be about a month but I have no idea haha. if you want to make sure I get the mail for the Week it has to be here before monday because they bring it in the morning on mondays and if it isn' there I have to wait till next monday! So just a warning I love you all so much I hope you have a great day!
Con Amor Elder Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment