Tuesday, April 24, 2012

1 MORE WEEK!

Hey everybody! It is Elder Oliver once again reporting from CRAZY LAS VEGAS!! haha. This has definitely been an interesting week for sure! As usual here in Las Vegas. So I leave for Mexico in one week! I have no Idea what time my flight is or anything like that. But I am assuming that it is going to be early in the morning...Because I will probably have to transfer flights and have all sorts of layovers. So I have heard they usually do it in the morning because I could very spend the entire day traveling. ha. So unfortunately I don't have exact details. But I am excited to leave for Mexico! I have had the oppurtunity here in Vegas to work with some Mexicans and they are such great people! It just made me really excited! So one more week!
 
So how am I doing??? Wonderful! I have just been working and trying to do the best I can! I want everyone to know that I am healthy, and well rested everyday! I am doing really well! My companion Elder Tuione leaves tomorrow. It is his last day! So me and Elder Cunningham are going to get a new companion tomorrow in my first transfer conference. So that is pretty exciting. I am grateful for everything that he has taught me and I hope that we can stay in touch!
 
Next! Some fun news for you guys! I went to the consulate! I recieved my Visa! I traveled there with Elder Butler who is my zone and I see quite often. But when we pulled up and went in the building Elder Jessop and Elder Richardson were there! It was so much fun to be all together again! We are all leaving for the Mexico at the same time so that will be fun to travel together! Elder Jessop and Elder Richardson seemed like they are doing really well! They had some funny stories and experiences and I shared with them all of mine and it was just fun. Felt like good ole' MTC days haha. It was really fun.
 
So Now to the work! I will start off from the beginning of the week. We met an awesome person named Rokie. He is extremely interesting. We got a referral saying that he was from Israel and that his wife and son had died in a bomb explosion. We felt the spirit really press on our minds that we had to go see this man. We went over to his house just to see him and see if he was still interested in learning more like the referral said. We knocked on his door and he came out and we told him who we were and we ended up staying there for over an hour. He could not stop talking! and we didn't want him too! He pretty much told us his life story. And how he was so interested in the church. His best friend is mormon and is super happy. He never wanted to talk religion with his friend because he was a jew and wasn't interested. But over time he saw how happy his friend was and wanted to find out why. We told him that we were going to teach him. He was so prepared to hear the gospel. And we have been meeting with him and giving him commitments. He has been reading the book of Mormon and he is now in Ether in a week....pretty amazing. He wasnt able to come to church cause his daughter went to the hospital. So we told him that the Lord will bless him if he continues what he is doing. And he seemed to respond very well to that. He is such a great guy!
With Reggie we had a bummer week. We tried to reach him friday and saturday and sunday morning and we could not get a hold of him. If was going to be baptized this week like he was supposed to he needed to come to church this week. So we went to church and found out he was not there. So we were bummed out about that. But that wasn't that big of a deal. Just that we couldn't baptize him this week. We were just worried because we had never had a problem gettting a gold of him before. So we went and visited him later that night. He was there and he said that he wasn't going to be baptized. He said that his legal situation is bad. Worse than he had told us. He really could be going to jail soon. So we completely understood that his mind wasn't in the right state for him to learn and read from the BOM. He just can't focus on it because of things going on. We understand and We pray for him because he is such a great guy. and he would be a great member of this church. So we wished him the best.
Last story. We went street contacting outside of this little place called freemont experience with all the people who had gone out partying and all this stuff over there. Some classic experiences that I will never forget haha. Usually it isn't effective because the people aren't open to the gospel. But it was good practice for me street contacting people. So I really enjoyed it. But there was lady that I stopped and that I talked to. Her name was Laura, she was a shorter black lady. She looked like she didn't have much, her shoes had duct tape all over them and her clothes were a little worn but the spirit told me to talk to her. So I did! She was awesome!!!! I gave her the Book of Mormon and she said that she would try reading it. She said that she would come to church. Which was the next day!! It was so awesome. She doesn't have a car so we told her to be outside her place and we would have someone pick her up. And she was there and came. She took a whole bunch of ensigns from sunday school to read. haha. It was so awesome! She said she really enjoyed church and that she wanted us to come by and teach her about the Church! So that was defintiely a sweet experience meeting her.
 
Well everyone that is what is going with me right now!!! I love you all so much!!! I want to say happy birthday to my parents who both had their birthdays this week!!!!!!!!!! SO HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I Love you so much!!! I hope they were amazing!!!! But I love everybody so much thank you all for your support! I feel it everyday out here!!! I pray for all of you everyday as well! I hope you have a good upcoming week I have no idea when I will be sending my next email! But hopefully not too long! But love you all thank you so much for everything BYE!
con amor Elder Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment