Friday, March 9, 2012

Ten Days!

Hey everybody!
ITS ME!!!!! ELDER OLIVER AGAIN! REPORTING FROM THE MTC ABOUT ANOTHER B-E-A-U-TIFUL WEEK! haha I hope all of you enjoyed that as much as I did! So this week was good! a lot of fun and exciting things have happened! First off I want to say thanks to everyone who wrote me and prays for me and even has an occasional thought about me. I know this might sound strange but I feel all those things in my life as a missionary and I am so grateful to have my wonderful family! My Mom and Dad and Mandy and Delaney and all my extended family! and all my friends and their families and just everyone I have ever known! I really am so grateful for the relationships I have! And thanks everyone for the support!
So Sunday we had another amazing fireside! I am sure many of you know who Alex Boye is! I knew the name but I didn't know really much about him! But if you don't know who he is he is a convert from england and he is an amazing singer he was in a boy band in Europe where he was really popular. But he ended up leaving all that and moved to utah and joined the Motab. He has a bunch of CD's and he really is amazing. he started off with a song and it was amazing. Then he started talking about how he was a kid in London and how he was a troubled child and how his boss was mormon. And he eventually became a "project" haha. It was so funny. And the sister missionaries came over and they changed his life. It really was an amazing talk cause he had the whole place laughing histarically! then all of a sudden it just switched to extremely spiritual! it was Incredible. He talked about how his missionaries are apart of him. He thinks about them every single day. And he talked about how we are going to be like that for other people. We are going to bring this great and wonderful thing into their lives. And we need to take our job seriously and no be afraid to be bold. We cannot be afriad to be bold. I loved that part. This is something that is so important and so powerful for us we need to act like it when we talk about it. We need to be excited. Then he closed by singing how Great thou art. I don't know if that is the actual name of the hymn. but it says it a lot haha. And it was incredible. He walked around the whole gym. and was shaking peoples hands and stuff like that. It really was amazing one of my favorite parts of the MTC!
So and yesterday everybody in my district that is going to the states (all the sisters and Elder Mander) got their Travel plans for the 20th. the four Mexico elders are still waiting for theirs. So We still have about ten days before the 20th but seeing the others get there plans really made it real that we are leaving soon. and it made us excited and all we want to see are those travel plans. It is crazy I can't believe I am so close! But I am so excited even though my spanish isn't great I am ready to go out and give my all so Keep praying for my visa! and We will see what happens. I love you all so much! I think about you all everyday! Thanks again for all the support and all the letters! It means so much and treasure everyone of them! Thanks so much Love you all!
Con Amor Elder Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment