Friday, March 2, 2012

Holland.... no biggie

Hey everybody!
How you are you?? I hope everyone is doing just so great in the outside world haha! I was talking to Elder Richardson about the MTC and it is really the weirdest experience. It feels like camp like EFY on sterioids. It is awesome and  I feel like I am growing more and more each day it really is amazing! So this was a  really awesome week not going to lie. So saturday I have a thing called trc where we teach volunteers who are members about the church and how they can better strengthen there testimony! So Saturday I went to TRC as usual and as I walked in, guess who I saw there....CHASE AnD PAUL!!!!!!!!!!! It was amazing! It was so great to see a familiar face! Especially one that I had not seen in two years. It was awesome and I really was flying high all day beacause of it! So thank you guys! you really set my week off on a great start! I am really upset Kacie B. got sent home. but actually I don't care too much ben seems like a jerk haha. Anyway back to my week! So tuesday we have a devotional every  night where get to see and hear from a speaker. So we were all just chilling singing hymns as we usually do in the MTC haha. Then like all of a sudden I felt different like excited I had no idea why, then a second later everybody stood up in the gym because right after I had felt that feeling of excitement I looked at the stage and Elder Holland was strolling in on the stage! It was amazing, you could just feel it in the air...I don't know how to describe it but I knew in that one moment that he was a man of God! I knew it before but it was just re-enforced again. When he was here earlier in my MTC experience he just kind of bore his testimony. This was a legit talk he gave us and I wrote about 4 pages of notes...It was awesome. h e talked about how we have 200 hundred years of tradition on our shoulders. And how we needed to come back a different person. He said that if one conversion is all we need to have a successful mission and that is our selves. If we do not come back as a different person then we were not effective missionaries I need to burn the doctorine in my soul. He talked about the high number of misionaries that are falling away after there mission and how we need to make sure we are not one of them. He said that people in the world look at mssionaries as perfect. We all know they are not but they give off that perception because they are so powerful and worthy. We need to make sure we are that and that we continue to stay that way after the mission because if we don't they why are we even here? how can we ask people to do things we can't. It really was amazing. and he  was yelling at us in the holland way.! It was amazing! So I am out of time. But Just know that I am so grateful for the letters and support always they mean so much to me! I love it. thanks for everything! happy BIRTHDAY COLE! I KNOW ITS LATE BUT I LOVE YOU! haha. have a good week everyone I love you all so much!
Con Amor Elder Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment